Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Gloomy Schmoomy

     Some may call an overcast day gloomy...but to me, it's my all-time favorite type of weather!  My wonderful husband stayed home with the 3 little ones today so that I would not have to take them on my bus route this morning, which makes the day start off so much better.  I made my mug of coffee and headed to my bus.  I've decided the Pumpkin Spice air fresheners I've discreetly in the bus have helped the behavior on the bus.  The kids just seem so much more happy and calm.  Aromatherapy of sorts?  I mean, when we're at home, many of us light a candle or pop in an air freshener into our warmers that pertains to the season that we are in.  It makes us calmer and feel better, so why can't it work on a busy school bus?  I think I may have come on to something here!
     Came home to Collin and Daddy eating hot dogs and chili at the kitchen table.  Rowan was taken to pre-primary and Presley, asleep in her swing.  Collin had chili all over his shirt and I said something along the lines of "Oh, Collin, why did your Dad give you chili?" and he says "grrrrr....my Daddy did it...my give him a big spankin!"  and he went over to his dad and spanked his butt.  TOO FUNNY!  lol...have I been teaching my son well?  I think so.  I believe we are totally on the right track...lol. 
     As for the rest of the day, Rowan needs picked up at 11:30, hopefully we'll all get some sort of a nap, bus run this afternoon, then church this evening for Kids Konnection and dinner (aka Family Reunion Night).  Starting a new Bible study with some great ladies at church.  I may not think the study is super-exciting, but I LOVE grown-up time...and the kids love the kids in their classes.  Also picking my oldest up from her dad's on the way to church.  Busy, busy, busy.  Hope everyone has a blessed day!
     *The picture above is exactly how the skies here in Pennsylvania look today...the tree, too...the rainbow, not so much.  But it's sure pretty!  = )

No comments:

Post a Comment